Tioga Ridge Runners
Two-Tier Snowmobile Registration Frequently asked Questions
Why was the Two Tier Registration Created?
trails are maintained by Snowmobile clubs that had a total of about 25,000
members across the state. Two years ago there were about 180,000 snowmobiles
My Registration is $100, but if I join a club it’s $45…. How does that work?
- If you join a NYSSA (New York State Snowmobile Association) Club you will receive a voucher that proves you joined a NYSSA Club. You can show this voucher at the DMV office or mail in a copy of it when you register your snowmobile, this allows you to register at the discounted fee of $45.
Do I have to renew my registration before it expires on Aug 31st ?
- No, but it would be helpful for trail funding to register before November 30th. The trail funding is determined by the number of registered sleds by the end of November.
What if I have more than one sled?
- The one voucher is good for all sleds registered under the names and address listed on the voucher. Basically one voucher covers the household. There is room on the voucher for a spouse’s name and children’s names that are registering sleds.
Can I make copies of the voucher?
- Yes. You can make photo copies of your voucher if needed.
I lost my voucher what do I do?
- If you need a reprint of the voucher because it is lost or misplaced, contact your club membership person, they can reprint one.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.
Remember: With out the land owners giving us permission to use their land we do not have a trail system. Please respect the land owners by staying on the marked trail and obey all trail signs.
Huttel - Membership Coordinator - Phone 607-687-8885 - Email –